Press Some Wax!
Vinyl is coming back in a huge way. There's never been a better time than now to press your music to wax. Team up with Copycats to finally hear the sound you've been searching for.
Blow speakers with your music and minds with your design. We offer the industry standard full color printed 12" sleeve for your vinyl project.
It's what's on the inside that counts. Let your listeners hear and visualize. Copycats gives you double gate jacket option to house a booklet, or double LP.
Include Download Cards with your vinyl project so your listeners can digitally take your music with them.
12” Vinyl Options and
- With a variety of colors to choose from, including: standard black; opaque colors in: white, blue, green, red, orange, yellow, pink, and violet; translucent colors in: blue, green, red, and orange; as well as a clear variant.
- Standard ¼” center hole
- Standard full color printed jackets on 20p white board
- Jackets include aqueous coating (with the option to upgrade to matte or uncoated!)
- Standard plain white inner sleeves (Full color-printed inner sleeves available for 12” projects)
- All orders include 3 test pressings
- 12” records weigh in at 140 grams, or the thicker 180 gram weight (final record weight is determined by your master content and color)
If you’re searching for vinyl pressings with the quality of a major label, but at a price an independent musician can afford, look to Copycats. With vinyl sales surging, there’s never been a better time to press your music to vinyl. Whether you want full-color printing for a custom jacket design or just a basic package, Copycats will deliver a product that you won’t want to put down.
Our production process features quality assurance tests to ensure that your vinyl is of the highest quality. Copycats offers the only solution to an audiophile’s search for the greatest sound. All vinyl orders come with personalized attention each and every step of the way.
Press It To
Note that the longer your vinyl program is (i.e. the more minutes per side) the lower the volume your record will be. This is due to the fact that in order to fit more music on the record, the grooves need to be closer together and shallower resulting in a lower volume.
- Recommended maximum program lengths:
- 12″ 33 1/3 RPM — 22 minutes per side
- 12″ 45 RPM — 15 minutes per side
To achieve quality vinyl production we recommend using a mastering house with significant vinyl mastering experience to prepare your supplied masters.
Test pressings are only used to catch any possible defects during the plating process. You should listen for things like skips, pops, locked grooves that cause repeats or excessive distortion.
Please listen to your test pressings on a quality turntable. Quiet pops and clicks are normal. Loud ones are not.
Vinyl is meant to be dynamic – not “loud”. You should not expect your vinyl test pressings to be as loud as your digital files or CDs.